Join us at the Finnish Cancer Registry to develop epidemiological and statistical cancer research as well as strengthen national and international research cooperation.
We are now looking for a
DIRECTOR OF RESEARCH
to join us at the Finnish Cancer Registry in a permanent position to develop our epidemiological and statistical cancer research as well as strengthen our national and international research cooperation.
Your work as Director of Research will consist of managing and developing our scientific research activities on cancer diseases and cancer screening. You will conceptualise and design new research projects and put them in motion, and you will take on responsibility for the progress of research that is already under way. You will take an active role in defining our research policies and seeking new scientific initiatives. You will engage in close research collaboration with Finnish and international research institutes. You will also establish extensive networks and keep in close contact with our collaborators. Your role will also include securing funding for research and acting as the superior of two research managers.
What we expect from you
- a high level of scientific competence in an appropriate field, such as a title of docent (Adjunct Professor) in an appropriate field (epidemiology, biometry, etc.)
- expert experience
- solid experience of scientific research management and development
- excellent collaboration and interaction skills
We also value
- knowledge of population-based health research
- good communication skills and a willingness to contribute to strengthening the brand of the Finnish Cancer Registry as a leading expert in cancer epidemiology and screening
What we offer
- interesting tasks in a research institute of high national and international standing
- a competent team that is passionate about multidisciplinary cooperation
- flexible working hours and locations
Submit your application and CV by 21 March 2022 by email to email@example.com. Please include a description of your scientific work, your merits as research team leader and your accomplishments in international research cooperation, and outline your salary expectation. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable person has been found.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact us primarily by email, or by telephone if agreed separately:
Janne Pitkäniemi, Director of Statistics, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +358 50 372 3335 Tytti Sarkeala, Director of Screening, email@example.com, tel. +358 50 411 4238